Look who’s back!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have an amazing, amazing year ahead! May your year be filled with amazing and life-changing books!
I know that it’s been like two months since I last posted and I’m really so, so sorry for that! I could say that life got in the way but really most of the time, I was too lazy to write. But here I am now!
2015 has been great for my reading life. I re-discovered how much I love reading in this year through Booktube, book blogs and Goodreads. I started my own blog and it’s been great. I now get to read books and also talk about them with people who are as passionate about them as I am and I LOVE it. I also did my first reading challenge for Goodreads and I completed it! I read a total of 87 books this year and I’m so proud of it. This year, I set the goal at 100 and I’m positive that I’m going to complete that too!
Okay. So let’s get started. The list is in no particular order. These are the best books I’ve read this year and I found it very difficult to rank them. So, I didn’t. There will be two special mentions as I couldn’t not talk about them. Here goes!
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer- I read all the books in this series this year and I loved each and every one of them. I especially loved Cress and Winter. The series started and ended with a bang. It was everything I expected and more. It has now earned it’s place as one of my all time favourite series. I laughed, I cried and I fell in love. Cinder and Kai, Scarlet and Wolf, Cress and Thorne and Winter and Jacin. I love them all.
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman- I love every book that this woman puts out. Last year, I loved If I Stay and Where She went by her. This year, it was Just One Day. This contemporary was not just another love story, it was a story that had the most amazing character development that I have ever seen in a contemporary. And I loved it for that.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas- This book, this book guys. It gave me so many feels. It introduced me to the awesomeness that Sarah J. Maas books have and I loved the world that she created. It also gave me a new O.T.P. Rhys and Feyre forever! ❤
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- Psychological thriller. Check. Screwed-up characters. Check. Mind-blowing story. Check. The most awesome story of all times. Check. Need I say more?
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- Do I even need to describe why I loved this book? I don’t think so. I think most of you know why this book is so loved. Yes it is heartbreaking, yes it is beautiful and yes it is unique. I have a book discussion for it if you want to know more of my thoughts on this.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- How can this list be complete without a Rainbow Rowell book in it? It can’t! I read every book that she’s put out ever, in this year. Except Attachments which I’ll read soon enough. This is the most relatable and adorable story that I’ve read this year. And this book gave me Levi! How can I not love Levi? It’s impossible!
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl- This is another one of the many psychological thrillers that I read this year. This book blurs the line between real and imaginary. It messes with your mind and with your beliefs. Sometimes, it takes you to places that you can never imagine. The multimedia aspect of the book just enhances the experience. It’s also one of a kind.
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson- This book is on this list mainly because of it’s amazing writing style. I love it when the authors have their own unique writing style and apart from that, this book also had an amazing story. It was interesting and endearing. Though the end was a little bit too convenient for my taste, my overall experience with it made it worth remembering.
- The Martian by Andy Weir- I’m sure practically everyone of you have watched the movie even if you haven’t read the book. This was the “it” book towards the end of the year. The humour of this book took it to a place where books like these don’t generally reach. Though it was a bit science heavy, it was never boring. If you found the movie to be awesome, trust me, the book is twice as awesome.
- Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead- I loved the Vampire Academy series. So, it wasn’t much of a surprise when I love this one too. This book gave me the doses of Adrian Ivashkov that I needed after Vampire Academy. I will remember this series because of Adrian Ivashkov. Adrian Ivashkov is love. Adrian Ivashkov is life. Adrian Ivashkov is bae.
- Eleanor and Park and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell- These books were ADORABLE. And beautiful. But I couldn’t put them on the list as I’ve already put Fangirl. But I love them both.
- Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens- This book dealt with such an important issue and was very dark. But it succeeded in what it set out to do. And it made it’s place in my heart in that attempt.
So, that’s all guys. These are the books that are my favourites of 2015. Please tell me what are your favourite books of this year. Also, please comment your opinions about the books in this post. Again, I’m sorry for going MIA for so long. But I promise that this time, I’m back. And I’ll be posting regularly again! Thank you for reading! Have an amazing, amazing 2016. See you again soon!
P.S.- The ratings that I gave to these books does not associate to this list in any way. This list is made purely based on my level of enjoyment.