Hi guys! If you have been following me for a while, you would know that till now, I have only done several book discussions. So today I thought, why not do a tag? I then found this tag on The Girl Who Read Too Much’s blog and I liked it! No one tagged me to do this but I just felt like doing it. So, here I am! And this tag will also help you guys know me better. So, I hope you like it. Let’s start.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
This largely depends on my mood. I am a very moody reader and this is why I can never say that these are the books I am going to read next month. So, to answer the question, I read whatever I feel like reading next! Because if I try to decide and make a list of books to read next, it puts a pressure on me to stick to it and eventually, it ends up ruining all the fun. Also, it is never fair to the books! But I will also say that if there is a lot of buzz around that book, it become part of my immediate TBR.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I am usually pretty committed. I try to push through every book I start. But if I am really not liking it, then I would probably quit. But this rarely happens.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Comics and graphic novels. Also, short novels help when I am far away on my reading challenge. But, I have already finished my reading challenge this year (Yes, I am bragging a little 😉 ).
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I do not cope well to these situations. It is really frustrating because I like my books to look good on my shelf. And if one cover is completely different from the rest of the series, it does not look good. But I have to accept it. It’s not my decision. That doesn’t mean I support it.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Goodreads is always there for me. I am surely going to find that one person there who shares my feelings. I try to find that person and talk about my problems with the book.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Oh, I cry! If a book is giving me all these emotions, it’s unfair to the book to hold it back! I just let go. And if someone gives me weird looks, I can just point at the book and ask them to go read it.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads?
I will probably skim through the first book so that I can remember what happened. But if that doesn’t work, I am going to re-read the previous one. Because it is just not fair to the series! Every book deserves my full attention.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I am probably just going to tell them someone has already borrowed it. I am not good at confrontation. So, this is my go-to option. But if they see the book on my shelf and ask for it, then I will probably tell them that I can’t part with that book now. Maybe someday I can give it to them. But not now.
9. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I pick up a favorite. A book that I know I am going to fly through. Or any book that I know is fast-paced. If this doesn’t work, then I will pick up a graphic novel. But if nothing works, I am probably going to rest a few days, and then try again later.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I usually buy one or two at a time. And then when I finish reading them, I buy the others. If I am too impatient to read them, I order them on my Kindle. Sometimes, I can also borrow them from someone.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
I have no idea. I can get to them immediately. Or it can take forever before I finally get the time to read them. I think there are still few books in my shelf which have been there for five years and I still haven’t read them.
So, here it is! My first tag, The Reader Problems Tag. I will have a book discussion of Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover up soon. Please feel free to interact with me in the comments. Thanks!